Vancouver Information Resources
You are planning to come to Canada to learn English at inlingua Vancouver. Maybe you’ve already arrived. Perhaps you are even thinking about moving here permanently. You probably have many questions.
Where will I live? How can I get a visa? Do I need to see a doctor before I arrive? How will I get around Vancouver after I arrive at the airport?
We have collected a directory of links to information related to living in, moving to or visiting Vancouver. If there’s something you’d like to see added to this page, or if you have any other comments or suggestions,
Note: These links will open in a new browser window. Our provision of these links does not imply approval, warrant the accuracy of any information, or endorse any opinions expressed on any of these outside Web sites.
- Educational Institutions
- Housing, Landlords and Tenants
- Local Municipal Governments
- Other Levels of Government
- Moving to Canada
- Photos and Online Video
- Public Health
- Transit and Transportation
- Utilities and Environment
Study at a language school, university, college, career college, private school or high school in Canada. Learn how a Canadian education can make a difference.
- Vancouver School Board (VSB) is a large, urban and multicultural school district providing programs to 56,000 students in Kindergarten to Grade 12, over 3,000 adults in adult education programs and over 40,000 in continuing education.
- University of British Columbia (UBC) – holds an international reputation for excellence in advanced research and learning.
- Simon Fraser University – Simon Fraser University’s downtown campus blends history with high tech in state-
of-the-arteducation facilities in some of Vancouver’s best-knownlandmarks.
- Vancouver Community College (VCC)
- Langara College
- Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design is a learning community devoted to excellence and innovation in Visual Arts, Media Arts and Design.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology — Downtown Campus (BCIT).
Provincial crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options across the province.
Information regarding the cities in the Vancouver area, services, initiatives, special projects, facilities, history and the activities.
- Bowen Island
- Langley City
- Langley Township
- Lions Bay
- Maple Ridge
- New Westminster
- North Vancouver District
- North Vancouver City
- Pitt Meadows
- Port Coquitlam
- Port Moody
- West Vancouver
- White Rock
Information and services for newcomers to Canada. Federal, provincial and territorial information and services such as business
- Government of Canada
- Government of British Columbia
- City of Victoria – Provincial Capital.
- Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD)
The information source for
- Citizenship and Immigration – federal government website.
- Social Insurance Numbers – SIN required to work in Canada or to receive government benefits.
- Canadian Dollar Exchange Rates
View stories about Vancouver’s past, present and future. Read memoirs, and view the photographs online. Links to TV newsmagazine series about people, places, events and issues in the Greater Vancouver region.
- Greater Vancouver map
- Portrait V2K
- Vancouver Scenes
- Greater Vancouver panoramas – view a Central Area Panorama (Quicktime required).
Strategy in the City of Vancouver to control public order. Health care service in Vancouver.
- Student Guard
- Four Pillars Drug Strategy
- Environmental Trends and Indicators
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
- Environmental Protection
- Medical Services Plan of BC
- Vancouver Hospital
Greater Vancouver Convention & Visitors Bureau working in the business of helping you enjoy the natural beauty, cosmopolitan flavour and diversity of experiences of Vancouver and its 18 suburbs.
- Tourism Vancouver – web site for Vancouver attractions, maps, dining and activities planning information.
- Vancouver Info Center – online travel & tourism and city guide offering comprehensive Vancouver information, hotel info, attractions info, current exhibitions and shows, museums, favourite local restaurants, upcoming special events.
- Meteorological Service of Canada – weather forecast in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Public Buses, SkyTrain & SeaBus
- Cycling in the City
- Downtown Historic Railway
- Carpooling - Ride Share
- Vancouver International Airport
- Port of Vancouver
- BC Ferries
- Via Rail - transcontinental
- ICBC – Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
- Pacific Coach Lines
- West Coast Air
- Harbour Air Seaplanes
- Helijet International Inc.
- Electricity & Gas – BC Hydro.