Learning languages with the inlingua Method
Our core strengths are the inlingua method and materials, which provide the quickest and most effective approach for all language learning objectives. The method is backed by a dedicated team of inlingua trainers and support staff, who further an enabling environment for successful language acquisition.
During our classes, the main focus is the spoken language. The inlingua Method focuses on your oral skills first, followed by improving your reading, listening and writing skills. You will learn the language by speaking it – all according to your personal needs.
Read more about the three components of the inlingua Method:
1. Communication first
During class, only the target language will be used. You will learn the meaning of words through their context. Another important inlingua training principle is the focus of the course on speaking and listening instead of putting you through long grammar classes. You will learn new words and grammar through active examples instead of dull explanations. Our specialized training consists of these three stages:
During the first stage, your language teacher will introduce new topics and new vocabulary with examples and involve you in the learning process.
Practice, practice and more practice: By using your newly gained knowledge, you will learn how to form correct sentences while gaining confidence in your language and vocabulary skills – all with the help of your trainer.
This is the moment when you can use the language in a creative way by acting out everyday situations, fun role play scenarios and interesting presentations – giving the language an exciting new meaning.
2. The material: from course books to apps and audio books
Course books with exercises, audio course books, presentations on tablets and other language training material: Everything has been specially designed to support our unique inlingua training methods and created for various levels and language skills. With 50 years of experience, leading pedagogical experts from all over the world have been working on making the training material as great as it is today.
If you want to benefit from our exceptional language training material and learn meaningful vocabulary for everyday use or specialized needs, you will have to join the inlingua family as our material is not available on the open market.
3. Our inlingua language trainers
Better trainers make better students – this is why we work exclusively with qualified trainers who are native speakers with the ability to motivate others! Our trainers are trained through the inlingua Academy by inlingua experts in how to apply our training methods and use our specially designed material with individuals or small groups.
Students work in a very relaxed yet productive atmosphere and are guided in the right direction by their trainer.
This is what you can expect from our trainers:
- Classes adapted to your needs: Your trainer will make sure that you keep up with the pace.
- Error correction: No whip, no cane – our teachers will correct your mistakes and pronunciation by using a positive approach.
- Step by step: We make sure that you master a topic before we move on to new ones.
- Your opinion matters: Feel free to express yourself during the course!
- Training techniques: Trainers use different techniques during their lessons in order to adapt to the variety of learning styles.
One of our trainers shares her insights with you in the following video.
Find out more about the inlingua Method in our short video.
- The inlingua Method is used at inlingua Vancouver in Canada to teach English to international students
- Our language school uses our exclusive Method to help you study English and learn very fast
- In your language course you will speak English and have conversations from your first lesson
Textbooks and Materials
- The inlingua organization produces its own educational material, especially designed to complement the inlingua Method.
- This combination of special teaching techniques and special inlingua textbooks and materials entitles us to speak of the inlingua Method as an effective way to learn to speak languages.
- There is a wide range of exclusive inlingua language training material. inlingua learning and training materials are specially developed for the inlingua network of schools by experts all over the world and cannot be found on the open market.
Where We Get Our Teaching Materials
- All inlingua schools receive regular reports from our head office in Switzerland and from other inlingua language schools all over the world for scientific evaluation.
- We use these reports to develop principles, programs and recommendations aimed at continuous improvement of our language teaching.
- This front-line experience from all corners of the world also helps us fine-tune the teaching and learning aids used in all inlingua language schools.